Wednesday 27 August 2008

Is that seat taken?

Was I the only one slightly perplexed by the Liberal Democrats choice of Murrayfield to unveil Tavish Scott as their new leader? Given that the BBC reports all three Lib-Dem leadership candidates polled a grand total of 2,457 votes between them, surely the irony of holding an event at a stadium designed to hold over 67,000 spectators isn't lost on others too?

This seems to have escaped the notice of the press generally, but I shall enjoy pointing out this lovely irony to those Lib-Dems I know!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

My old man (not SNP incidentally) wasn't slow to point this out either so I'm sure the delicious irony wasn't lost on the public, even if it was lost on the media.

I hope you got the chance to enjoy Tavish's Newsnight performance.