Wednesday 23 January 2008

The Soup Incident

I am not going to make a habit of blogging about this woman, but after having a bit of fun talking about my pal Aileen Campbell's fan club on my blog recently (http://520votes.blogspot.com/2008/01/aileen-campbell-fan-club.html) I should point out that today she had a nasty accident with some soup in the Parliament canteen.

Here I should make some obligatory gag about "Campbell's Soup", but I shall resist (or did that count as me having made it), but I can put her fan's worried minds at rest. After a wee trip to hospital to get her wound bandaged she was back within a couple of hours to play her part in seeing the SNP budget through stage one of its process at Parliament.

She has even managed to get some press coverage out of the whole incident:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7205502.stm

The lengths some people will go to get a bit of publicity, eh? Maybe I should go jam my hand in the nearest door and see if I can get some of this coverage too!

Then again, maybe not.

In all seriousness though, glad the accident wasn't too nasty and Aileen is on the mend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Campbell's Soup"... you're wasted as an MSP Mr Hepburn, you should have been a journalist!

Jamie Hepburn said...

You're too kind sir! Any room for me at the Sunday Post?

Anonymous said...

Oor Jamie... now that rings a bell.