Sunday 13 January 2008

The Aileen Campbell Fan Club

Seeing as its the weekend I feel a silly post is in order.

At the Parliament my office is adjacent to that of my good friend, Aileen Campbell MSP. Last week Ms Campbell came bounding into my office with a big daft cheeky grin on her face to ask me if I had a fan club.

It may come as some shock to you that I had to admit to her that in fact I did not have any such fan club.

Her response to me thereafter was - with a little more glee in her riposte than I felt was strictly necessary - that she did in fact have a fan club. It almost made me wonder whether this piece of information had formed the very basis of her original question to me to see whether I had such a club!

Someone had e-mailed her to enlighten her of this fact and to tell her that some enthusiastic users of the Bebo website had established such a club. You can see this for yourself at:


The temerity of Ms Campbell! Not only did she deny me the mantle of being the youngest member of the Scottish Parliament by being born a year after me, but now she has gone and got her very own fan club.

Some people command all the attention.

Me, bitter? Never!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody emailed her to tell her about it? I heard that the first thing she does when she gets to work is google "my fan club" to see if she's got one yet. Sure there's no truth in it tho.

PS Can I have your autograph Jamie lol.

Will said...

You'll be glad to know that this situation is being resolved. And yours is on Facebook - none of that Bebo muck for you!

Jamie Hepburn said...

Anne - autograph is in the post.

Will - eh, thanks. Not quite what I was angling for, but does ones ego a world of good!

Julie Hepburn said...

People - please stop this nonsense NOW! I have to live with this man, and there simply isn't room on our sofa for me, Jamie and an over-inflated ego.

A very disappointed Mrs Hepburn.

Will said...

Well, getting things started and watching the madness unfold have made my Sunday more entertaining than it was going to be. But I want it on record that I was not the one who suggested cheerleaders. :D