Thursday 26 April 2007

International Press Descends on Cumbernauld and Kilsyth

In between visits and campaigning today, I had quite a bit of dealing with the press. First up was the Guardian newspaper up from London who wanted to interview me in relation to the campaign and to see how things are on the ground in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth. It is quite clear that despite the London media usually not bothering with what happens north of Watford that they are alert to the fact that this Scottish Parliament election is rather interesting, hence the Guardian's visit today. I await their article with interest.

Then in the afternoon I was interviewed by a national radio station in Portugal. The guy interviewing me had clearly done his research on the issues being discussed on Scotland and we had quite an interesting interview. I think he might have struggled with my West of Scotland accent, but his English was certainly a lot better than my Portuguese!

And then whilst en route to Kilsyth I was informed via text message that a piece on Cumbernauld and Kilsyth (which I was interviewed for last week) was broadcast on tonight's Scotland Today programme. You can view this (and other broadcasts on other constituencies) at the Scotland Today website at http://www.stv.tv/content/Politics_NEW/index.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top marks for describing the Guardian as an "international" news outlet.

But where are you campaigning that makes the Portuguese one "national"? ;)

bethan said...

article in today's Observer with Alex Salmond. It's all glowing reports as well. Are you confident of winning the seat?